StrategicPoint Investment Advisors seeks a motivated and qualified individual for the position of Financial Advisor to join our wealth management team in Providence and East Greenwich, RI. The individual selected for this opportunity will be dedicated to client service and have the highest ethical and professional standards of excellence. The Financial Advisor provides a high level and broad range of technical and client management support to a financial counseling team and assists in managing all aspects of a client relationship.
Primary responsibilities for this position include:
- Development and implementation of financial planning solutions for clients and the ability to perform complex research and financial analysis related to those solutions.
- Maintaining an advanced understanding of, income tax, estate tax, gift tax (at both federal and multi-state level), and estate planning, as well as insurance and the company’s investment strategies/investments.
- Active communication with clients in meetings, presentations, and generally as part of ongoing client-relationship management.
- Coordination of the management of client portfolios with the investment professionals of the firm.
- Federal and state income tax planning and compliance.
- Communicating the full range of the company’s services and capabilities to clients and prospective clients; and
- Identifying new business opportunities and prospects and assisting in the closing process.
The position requires:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, or a related field desirable or an equivalent amount of education and/or work experience.
- Basic understanding of investments, insurance, and cash flow planning.
- Strong analytical skills, notable attention to detail, and self-initiated follow-through.
The position prefers:
- Candidates with, or working towards, a CFP®, CPA, JD, MST, or ChFC®
- Experience serving high net worth clients
- Multi-tasking skills
- Ability to meeting deadlines while maintaining day to day service to clients
- Growth and development minded individuals
- Practitioner mind set
- For CPAs and MSTs: preparation of returns, income tax projections and estimated payment calculations on a quarterly basis
- Two+ years of relevant work experience; and
- An advanced understanding of income, estate, gift taxes, estate planning and equity compensation
StrategicPoint Investment Advisors is an independent Registered Investment Advisor offering wealth management for individuals and families as well as fiduciary support for company retirement plans.
Those interested in applying for the position should contact:
Laura Bard: lbard@StrategicPoint.com
No telephone calls or 3rd parties, please.
The above qualifications and job functions are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess these abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. This description excludes the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. This job description does not state or imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their manager. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.